- I’ve Got A Thousand Million Questions
- Oktoberfest? It’s Time!
- Free Speech TV Covers People’s Climate March
- Sunday Funday – The Divorce Didn’t Happen Edition
- Special Treatment For Branstad
- Medicare Still Working
- Netflix The New Corporate Leader In The Fight For Net Neutrality
- Campaign Nonviolence Event In Iowa
- Hillary’s Last Steak Fry Speech
- U.S. Congress Third District Debate Appel v. Young
Media Matters for America is a Web-based, not-for-profit, 501(c)(3) progressive research and information center dedicated to comprehensively monitoring, analyzing, and correcting conservative misinformation in the U.S. media.
Fight Media Bias
Iowa Rapid Response Action
First responders to biased, imbalanced or factually inaccurate media coverage
FAIR: Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
*FAIR is a national media watch group that offers well-documented criticism of media bias and censorship
Posts Tagged ‘Linn County’
Let’s Get Together, Act and SHUT DOWN this Legislation
“Natural Disasters in the U.S. and Nuclear Power” is the topic of a talk by John Rachow M.D.
Thursday, February 2, 2012 at 7:30pm, Main Meeting Room at the Hiawatha Library,
150 West Willman Street, Hiawatha
Dr. Rachow, immediate past President of Physicians for Social Responsibility (PSR), is speaking in response to the recent disaster in Japan.
All are welcome. The public is invited. There is no charge.
Iowa PSR is leading a grassroots campaign against an advanced cost recovery bill, a measure which would enable utilities to collect the capital expense for a new nuclear reactor in advance from their customers. The bill, which is being seriously considered by the Iowa House of Representatives [italics BFIA's], was supported by MidAmerican Energy. If the bill passes, MidAmerican would be allowed to recover all development costs from ratepayers and retain the advanced payments, if for any reason, a risky new nuclear reactor is not built.
Linn County Green Party
PO Box 2151
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52406-2151
Robert Schultes M.D.
319-360-5119 (12:30-1:30pm, 5-9pm)
Directions to Hiawatha Public Library: Take I 380 through Cedar Rapids up to Hiawatha exit, from the North take Hiawatha exit just before you come into Cedar Rapids
- Prima Donna Schultz: Don’t Look At Me
- Cheating Determines Iowa’s Elections, Schultz Implies
- Cownie Unconvincing
- Too Many Little Elections?
- Like Iowa, Like Armenia
- Who Can Vote?
- Schultz Vindicated: Voter Fraud Proven!
- Schultz Raises Dead Voter Scare Again
- Repubs Stage Crime at NH Polls
- Wondering About GOP Caucus Count
- AFSCME Iowa
- Child & Family Policy Center – Iowa
- Environment Iowa
- Eyechaner Foundation
- Genetic Engineering Action Network
- Iowa Bicycle Coalition
- Iowa Citizen Action Network – ICAN
- Iowa Citizens for Community Improvement
- Iowa Civil Liberties Union
- Iowa Democratic Party
- Iowa Energy Center
- Iowa Environmental Council
- Iowa Farmers Union
- Iowa Federation of Labor, AFL-CIO
- Iowa Fiscal Partnership
- Iowans for Better Local TV
- Iowa for Health Care
- Iowa Freecycle
- Iowa House Democrats
- Iowa Immigration Education Coalition
- Iowa Physicians for Social Responsibility
- Iowa Policy Project
- Iowa Pride Network
- Iowa Public Interest Research Group
- Iowa Rapid Response Action
- Iowa Underground
- Iowans for Voting Integrity
- The Least, First
- Left Coast of Iowa
- Midwest Environmental Justice Advocates
- One Iowa (GLBT)
- Progressive Action for the Common Good
- Progressive Coalition of Central Iowa
- QCAD (Quad-Citians Affirming Diversity – GLBT)
- Renewable Energy Group
- SEIU Local 199
- Sierra Club – Iowa Chapter
- Voter-owned Iowa