Archive for September 30, 2012
Good news reported on dailykos.com Friday: Christie Vilsack and Steve King (maker of real nightmares) are in what is essentially a dead heat. This of course means that Mr. King is on a trend of losing considerable support over the past several weeks. I like this trend. One thing is sure, if you want to help keep that trend line headed in the right direction, send Christie some love. You know something green and folding – to help remove a stain from Iowa
Don’t Forget Dave, Bruce and Leonard
Dave Loebsack’s opponent is the recipient of a ton of Republican money. He will be blasting hard and Dave needs help:
Bruce Braley’s opponent is getting a huge influx of superPac help. We need Bruce in congress:
And Leonard Boswell is in a knock-down, drag out fight with another incumbent congress person. He can use some help also:
Or if you don’t have a few extra bucks, going down to their campaign offices and making some calls or stuffing some envelopes is always appreciated. They may have the money, but we have the people, the hearts and the soul. Can you imagine Iowa with an all democratic representation in the US House? I can!
Romney Budget Would Send More Jobs Overseas
One thing about Republicans, they can never tell what is really in their plans. If they did , few would vote for them. But every now and then they slip up and let the truth out like Romney did when he was videoed by a hidden camera. In that same vein, sometimes an educated reading of their documents reveals truth. A reading of the Romney/ Ryan budget reveals that a proposed policy, a “territorial tax system” (or better said an elimination of taxes on overseas profits) would have the effect of sending a huge number of jobs offshore. And as the name implies, there would also be major manipulation of profit numbers such that many US companies will technically make no money in the US. Thus corporations will get to screw us over twice as they send jobs offshore and pay no taxes. Read the details here
Romney Budget Would Ruin Farmers
Remember the drought? Remember the floods? Ever hear of crop insurance? Just another one of those horrible big government ideas! Mitt and Paul team up to help separate farmers from their farms. Kick a man when he is down, it’s the Republican way!
Looking For Reasons To Vote State Races?
Folks, don’t forget those down ballot races. If Republicans take over the Iowa Senate and retain the House, Branstad can have his dream of being the next Scott Walker. Here are a few things you can look forward to if Republicans win:
- ending of many municipal extras like pools, recreation centers and library cutbacks
- major push to bust unions, especially public unions
- more cutbacks in education
This is just a beginning, but should be enough to get your attention. Wisconsin should have scared you enough to be sure to vote down ballot and make that a Democratic vote.
Republican Campaign Mailings: Should They Go Fed-Ex?
Considering that the Republican Party has done all it can to destroy the US Post Office, seems to me that they should, as a matter of conscience, use either Fed-Ex or United Parcel or maybe even Roadway to send out their campaign mailings. Talk about hypocritical! Thus they could show their undying support for the glories of the “market place” by paying 10 times what the USPS charges.
Have you really been paying attention? Can you really spout details of the candidates that even their familes may not know? Well let’s see just how much you have been paying attention: (and don’t cheat – some Supreme Being someplace is watching you)
1) What are the names of the Romney Children?
2) What is Ann Romney’s maiden name?
3) Michelle Obama’s father suffered from what disease?
4) What was Barack Obama’s step-father’s name? (His mother’s second husband)
5) Anne and Mitt scraped by during their college years by selling stock they owned. What company’s stock?
6) Mitt Romney’s mother’s first name was what?
7) Barack Obama’s dog is Bo. What was the name of the dog Mitt Romney made famous by strapping him to the roof of the car?
8) Where does Barack Obama’s brother-in-law coach basketball?
9) Can you name Mitt Romney’s siblings?
10) Similarly – can you name Barack Obama’s sibling(s)?
11) Where did the name “Mitt” come from?
12) Currently, Mitt Romney owns how many houses? Can you name where thay are located?
13) What chronic health problems does Mitt Romney have?
14) How many houses does Barack Obama own?
15) What tax havens is Barack Obama hiding his money in? (Hint Romney is using the Cayman Islands, Bermuda and Switzerland)
BONUS) What relative did Mitt Romney baptize into the LDS AFTER that person died?
These weren’t too tough were they? Besides Sunday is the day a person needs to forget about the campaign – that is unless the preacher decides to tell you how to vote that day.
Here we go – if you get all 15 right, you need a real life; 10-14 rehab after Nov.6; 5 – 9 you are normal; 4 or less you’re a little out of it.
1) from left to right Josh, Craig, Ben, Matt and Tagg (with 2 “G”s so as not to be confused with the game.)
2) Ann Davies
3) multiple sclerosis
4) Lolo Soetoro
5) American Motors where Mitt’s father was president
8) Oregon State
9) Margo Lynn Romney, Jane LaFount Romney and George Scott Romney. All are older then Mitt.
10) Maya Soetoro
11) “Mitt” comes from a distant cousin Milton “Mitt” Romney a quarterback for the Chicago Bears in the 1920s
12) 3 – the current and future mansion in La Jolla, California; a townhose in Belmont, Mass and the lake house in New Hampshire on Lake Winnipesaukee.
13) No physical chronic problems
14) Just the one in Chicago
15) None as far as we know.
BONUS) his late father-in-law Edward Davies who was a confirmed atheist in life. A bit sneaky, no?