Thank goodness the Republican Party has straightened me out on a couple of things. I once thought that government projects may actually do some good. But now thanks to the miracle of television I have been exposed to the truth – everything that government (or gummint if you prefer) does is wrong and evil. So I been looking back to see just what kind of evil gummint has done in this country. And just who the evil-doer was.
I am going to name the evil monstrous gummint project and you name the head evil doer what started it. Or president if you wish.
1) Boulder Dam
2) Interstate Highway System
3) Grand Coulee Dam
4) Panama Canal
5) Lewis and Clark Expedition
6) Kennedy Space Center
7) Tennesee Valley Authority
8) Strategic Defense Initiative
9) Rural Electrification
10) The American Embassy in Baghdad
11) Nationwide Internet and Wireless Connection Project.
Hahah! What a bunch of money wasting boondoggles. I am surely glad I have learned that gummin projects = waste!
Answers? You got your hand out for something free?
1) Also known as Hoover Dam, it was, yep, Herbert Hoover.
2) That spendthrift Dwight Eisenhower. But the interstates were built for national Defense purposes? What a scam. Biggest public works project ever.
3) The big spender himself, Franklin Roosevelt. Bet he shows up more than once.
4) Aha! Roosevelt again – oops cousin Teddy Roosevelt. FDR will show up again, the big spender.
5) Thomas Jefferson? The gummint spent money back then?
6) Eisenhower? Was anybody watching that dude?
7) Aha! Roosevelt. Yes FD Roosevelt!
8) Reagan? He spent money? Yep big time and apparently pretty foolishly as this was a huge boondoggle.
9) FD Roosevelt. Grrrr! He’s making me angry.
10) George W. Bush – but hold on – a huge project in some other country? doesn’t he understand how boondoggling works?
11) No one and probably never. Just because other countries do it and it makes sense is no reason for us to.