It is a bit cooler today. Feels like we’ve climbed up one rung of hell in our rehabilitation. Who wants to rack their brain in this heat. So this will be a hodgepodge, mostly you answer, few multiple choice. Thinkng may return next week.
1) Olympics and beer a marriage made in heaven. What is the currently the largest American owned brewery?
b) Boston Beer Co.
d) Yuengling & Son
2) This week in London, an aide to Mitt Romney said that Barack Obama did not understand something. What does Pres. Obama not understand according to Mr. Romney’s aid?
3) Dogs across America are doing what these days?
4) The Olympic Torch Relay had its origin before what Summer Olympic games?
a) 1896 in Athens as the Olympiad revived
b) 1936 in Berlin to curry sympathy for the Nazi regime
c) 1948 London Olympics to mark the end of WWII
d) 1956 Melbourne to celebrate the first Olympiad in the Southern hemisphere
5) Sally Ride, astronaut and heroine to a generation of young girls, took what secret to her grave?
6) The Muppets quit Chick-Fil-A. Why?
7) When are the dog days of summer?
8) Last year about this time an incredible temperature-humidity-index (THI) record was set (oops for Minnesota anyway). What was the THI and where was it set?
9) What is still the largest public works project ever and what presidential administration created it?
10) I love the internet for radio if nothing else. Who is liberal radio’s morning star whose Dad was a very prominent Republican?
How’s that for a totally incoherent quiz? If the heat doesn’t stop you will get a quiz from a guy who has lost his mind totally.
1) d) Yuengling over Boston Brewing (Sam Adams) by a keg or two last time they counted. MIller, Coors, Budweiser and many other big names are owned by foreign companies these days.
2) “Anglo-Saxon heritage”
3) trying to help Romney dig up his tax returns.
4) b) Part of many stunts that were set up for the 1936 Olympic games.
5) Upon her death many fans discovered she was gay. So what? Still a hero to my daughters.
6) Because the owner stated his opposition to gay marriage publicly. And I thought Big Bird may have had an objection to his cousins being cooked.
7) Right now! In Roman times they were during the time when Sirius the dog star rose before the sun. This was thought to be the reason for the heat. These days it is usually defined as July and the first two weeks of August. You know, like that little heat wave we just had.
8) 134 degrees in Moorhead Minnesota July 19th, 2011
9) The Eisenhower Interstate Highway System. Boy I wish those kind of Republicans were still around.
10) Stephanie Miller daughter of the late Rep. William Miller GOP vice-presidential candidate with Barry Goldwater in 1964.