Well, if companies are people, why do they change their names so much? Hmmm? What are they trying to hide? I mean, if they didn’t have anything to hide why would they change their names? If they are people they sound pretty untrustworthy, changing their names and all.
Can you tell us what what the name of the companies listed below are today. They should be quite recognizable, once you figure out what their name is today.
1) Anglo-Persian Oil Company (APOC)
2) Phillip Morris Company
4) Halloid Company
5) F. W. Woolworth
6) U. S. Rubber Company
8) Brad’s Drink
9) Holt Manufacturing Company and C. L. Best Tractor Company
10) Computing Tabulating Recording Corp.
11) S.S. Kresge’s
12) Galvin Manufacturing Company (hint: radios in cars)
13) American Biscuit Company and New York Biscuit Company
14) Tokyo Telecommunications Engineering Corporation
15) Stanford University Network
Whew! Bet you never heard of some of those. Many have legacies of their original names in their current names. Some have just been merged to death.Bet you recognize their new names though. Here we go:
1) BP (or British Petroleum)
3) 7 – 11
5) Foot Locker (Yep, that is all that is left of the once huge Woolworth’s)
7) Nissan Motors
8) Pepsi (I admit this one is really obscure)
13) Nabisco ( this company has been bought and sold so many times. Now part of Kraft, I think)
15) Sun Microsystems