I promise this won’t be too hard. All you have to do is remember what happened a year ago or so. Most quizzes would do this in January. They simply refuse to practice the art of procrastination. So for all you other procrastinators out there, can you remember what happened in 2011?
1) Well 2011 started off with a bang, literally, in Tucson, Arizona. What happened?
2) A wave of revolution swept through the the Northern Africa Arab states. What were the names of the dictators replaced in Egypt and Libya?
3) A wave of a physical nature crashed into Japan causing potential nuclear problems that continue to this day. What was the name of the power plant that was hit directly by the tsunami?
4) And one more wave of revolution was sparked in two US states by laws that attempted to crush public unions. Which two states saw these mass protests?
5) A huge outbreak of weather broke out across the south last April and May. What two cities suffered incredible damage from tornadoes?
6) At the White House Correspondents Dinner in 2011, President Obama did a comedy routine focused on which then prospective Republican adversary?
7) Somebody got married and they had all our attention for their wedding. Who was it?
8) The day after the Correspondents dinner, President Obama took to the airwaves late in the evening to announce a significant death. Whose?
9) Groups of people got together in parks, on streets, on campuses and many other places to protest in a movement known as what?
10) The US sports world was completely tuned to a story that happened off field that resulted in the firing of a long standing football coach. What was the story and who was the coach?
In the spirit of procrastination, answers will appear next year.
Alright, put down those fists. Here are your answers:
1) Congressman Gabby Giffords was sot at a listening post in Tucson
2) Hosni Mubarack and Colonel Ghadaffi
3) Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant
4) Wisconsin and Ohio (Ohio law overturned by referendum last November – Wisconsin governor faces recall in June)
5) Tuscaloosa Alabama on April 27th, then Joplin, Missouri on May 22nd.
6) Donald Trump
7) Kate Middleton and Prince William
8) Osama Bin LAden
9) Occupy Wall Street
10) The Penn State Scandal – molestation of young boys by former coach Jerry Sandusky. Head Coach Joe Paterno was fired after more than 50 years as head coach.