Archive for November 27, 2011
Feeling listless? Well, you have probably eaten way too much real food and not enough mental food. So let’s see if we can remedy that by filling in some lists that everyone should know. This one may be better done with a partner.
1) Who are the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse?
2) What are the six noble gasses?
3) What are the seven continents?
4) What were the original 13 American colonies?
5) What are the seven deadly sins?
6) What are the six verb tenses?
7) What are the seven virtues?
8) What were the eleven states in the Confederacy?
9) What are Canada’s thirteen provinces and territories?
10) Beginning with the lowest level and going up, what are the six officer ranks in the US Army?
Does getting the old brain engaged make you feel a bit better? Me too!
Now for a list of the answers on lists. Pay Attention!
1) War, Slaughter, Famine and Death
2) helium, neon, argon, radon, xenon, krypton (these are the gasses that will never combine with other elements to make a compound.)
3) Africa, Antactica, Asia, Australia (or Oceania), Europe, North America and South America
4) Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia,Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersy, New Hampshire, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Caroline and Virginia
5) Pride, Envy, Wrath, Sloth, Avarice (or greed), Gluttony and Lust
6) Present, Past, Future, present perfect, Past perfect, Future perfect
7) Prudence (or Wisdom), Temperance, Fortitude (or courage), Justice, Faith, Hope, and Charity
8) Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi,North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Virginia.
9) Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, (Newfoundland and Labrador), Nova Scotia, Nunavut, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, Saskatchewan and the Yukon.
10) Lieutenant, Captain, Major, Lieutenant Colonel, Colonel and General.
Hope you feel a bit better and a bit smarter. Enjoy what is left of the weekend!