Archive for November 17, 2010
Bring Democracy Now! To A Station In YOUR Community
One of our most important goals is to bring the voices on Democracy Now! to new audiences. From calling your local radio or public access TV station, to mobilizing your community, EVERY PERSON can make a difference.
Often, stations add Democracy Now! to their programming schedules simply in response to requests from the community.
The most successful efforts originate from individuals who work closely with our outreach team to mobilize others in their community, letting their local media outlets know people want DN! broadcast in the area.
Find out if there is an existing campaign in your area:
1. Check the stations map to see if Democracy Now! is already broadcast in your community.
2. If it isn’t available, Look at the bottom of your region’s list to see if there are already active campaigns in your community that you can join.
3. If NO campaign is listed and you want to start one, let us know!
There are several types of stations that air Democracy Now!:
* On Radio: Pacifica Radio stations, Public/NPR-affiliated stations, College and Community radio stations, Low Power FM stations, and several commercial AM stations.
* On TV: Public Access stations and public television (PBS) stations.
Find a Station Near You that can Potentially Air DN!
* To locate a radio station in your area that may want to air DN! use Radio Locator, which lists all US radio stations by zip code.
* To locate a TV station in your area that may want to broadcast DN!, check out The Global Village
BEFORE you contact a station, it is helpful to review some of our downloadable resources. They will better equip you with helpful talking points, information about the show and how it is broadcast.
Find out more about bringing Democracy Now! to your community